"Arizona State University is preparing to lay off 200 or more faculty associates and dramatically boost some class sizes beginning this spring as it braces for more state budget cuts.
Some lecture-style classes could jump from about 300 to 1,000 students.
The cuts come as ASU officials anticipate $25 million or more in state budget cuts. That's on top of the $30 million in cuts the university already has made. State revenues are down again this year because of a sluggish economy."
Can you imagine sitting in a class of 1,000 students? And they consider doing this to classes like Sociology and holding it in the Gammage Theater. How could anyone possibly learn the required material? How could you ask questions? How could you take any tests? Impossible. I feel bad for the university and the big cut in funds and all the teachers it is going to affect-but it is going to affect the education that students receive.







9 comments:
man. that's crazy. and sad.
that does stink. :(
That would be awful. Quality education indeed.
On a totally different note...
Could the pictures of you on the right of your blog be any cuter?
I think not!!!
every year for the last like five years all the major universities in the state raised tuition... youd think there'd be enough money saved up from that to keep ensure no drastic immediate changes.
That is crazy! I would say that I have to agree with you. It is too bad that the Univsersity is getting such huge cutes, but I guess they have to all be distributed some how. Sad thing to think what it will be like when Obama comes into office. :-(
BTW, all your pictures are really good! Are you taking any photography classes in school?
OK--- sorry! I was typing WAY too fast and spelled CUTES instead of CUTS... oops! :-)
can u leave ur phone number to me???
It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG
Post a Comment