So I had a little extra time today and was in the mood to bake so I thought I would try out a new recipe. There are a few blogs that I love to check out the recipes and Bake or Break is one of them. After looking through the recipes for cookies... I decided on the Marbled Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies :)

And I must say that I thought they were pretty good. I probably wouldn't have made them if I had read the recipe and knew that I was "supposed" to refrigerate the dough for 2 hours... but I didn't and I'm glad. Since I didn't have 2 hours to just sit around and I had already started... I decided to just refrigerate the dough till it was cold and somewhat stiff. I had some dough chilling while I was rolling some cold dough into the balls. I soon found out the reason for refrigerating the dough because it was a pain to roll the warm, sticky dough into balls.
Anyways- they were fairly easy. You make a dough which you split in half and add cocoa to one half... so that you have some dough that is chocolate and some dough that is not. You then roll some of each together and tadaaa-marbled chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. You can get the recipe by going HERE and on "view printable recipe" on the top right corner of the post.







2 comments:
you know, delivering cookies to people, like say with a new baby, is a good way to do service. Service is good for the soul.
YUM!! Wish I had some for breakfast right now!!
Post a Comment