RSS Feed

Pages

Tie Dye Sugar Cookies-

The primary class I teach always asks if I brought treats for them.. after many lessons treat free - I asked them what they would like. They decided on cookies and gave a list of different kinds they liked. I finally broke down and made them cookies. I was going to make them sugar cookies AND chocolate chip cookies but ended up only making the sugar cookies that week. As I was looking over the recipe - I noticed that there were different variations of ways you could make fun cookies, like stained glass cookies or colorful pinwheel cookies. I had the brilliant idea of making tie dye sugar cookies! I think they turned out successful - and they were delicious. Just as a side note, if you do choose to dye the dough and try mixing the colors - try to roll it out as few times as possible because after mixing the colors multiple times the colors start to mix together a little to well and aren't as pretty. The food coloring worked GREAT with the sugar cookie dough though... I'm interested in trying solid colored cookies in fun shapes!
& because I am such a dork.. I had to make the following cookies with my left over dough. As you can see these cookies were well cooked but you can tell how much the colors of the different doughs mixed together after being rolled out multiple different times.

0 comments: