RSS Feed

Pages

Happy Fourth.

Fourth of July this year was a blast. We spent a lot of time with Andrew's family and I loved it. Sunday night we were able to watch fireworks (through the branches of a tree, yes, but we could still them) that were set off from the Peoria Sports Complex. It was fun - but because of our view I did not get to try out my camera on them... which is fine. I instead was able to use my camera on Andrew's cousin and his girlfriend who was visiting for the weekend. I at first was not sure if I liked having this holiday on a Sunday, but after all, I am not so sure if I mind....

Sharlene & myself

Amanda & David .... and Andrew's truck?


Monday was the real celebration. We had a family party/barbeque at Andrew's house but it was so much fun. A few months back Andrew's cousins had thought of the idea of Zucchini Cars - yes it is exactly what it sounds like.. cars made out of Zucchinis. So what did we all do Monday? We had a Zucchini Car race complete with a legit pine wood derby track. It was a lot of fun and I think the entire family enjoyed it, even though there were only 6 cars in the race... it was a fun evening filled with family, friends, food, swimming, laughter, and of course you cannot forget the Zucchinis!

The group carving and making the famous "Zucchini Cars"

Ben making an awesome dive!

The trophy surrounded by the 6 original (before modifications) Zucchini Cars

& the races begin...


David & Amanda were the WINNERS!!!

Making towers...

0 comments: